While taste might be the most important of the senses when enjoying your meal, a plate’s appearance can be just as appetizing. Which is why playing with your food can lead to some unexpectedly fabulous results.
After all, with enough effort, a simple breakfast (or lunch!) could easily turn into a work of art.
These creative individuals looked at the plates sitting before them and didn’t see food — they saw possibilities. Here are just a few of the culinary masterpieces spawned from edible craftsmanship:
1. The dad who created a Muppets-inspired lunchbox.
2. The guy who flipped up a BB-8 pancake.
3. The woman who created a tree out of a salad.
4. The cook who crafted up a rice ball worthy of Hogwarts.
5. The crafty soul who created edible Looney Tunes.
6. The food-enthusiast who created a sandwich penguin sitting atop popcorn snow.
7. The person who realized bacon could be a sleepy-egg blanket.
8. The person who made a Minions-inspired breakfast.
9. Whoever thought up this beautiful citrus bicycle.
10. The genius behind the Spongebob burger and Patrick baguette.
11. The breakfast lover who created a rabbit out of waffles.
12. The Gremlins fan who put Gizmo on the plate.
13. The cook who made an adorable pastoral scene out of rice.
14. The creator of tiny, sleep toast-people.
15.The artist who crafted this pasta-haired beauty.
16.The person who made a perfectly scrumptious panda bear.
17. The baker who realized buns can have personality, too!
More: 30 Pieces of Creative Sushi Art Almost Too Beautiful To Eat